A bad cake is evidently the one that is dry, flaky and crumbly on the edges.. It doesn’t taste good, has a very boring feel and texture and is NOT appetizing at all. Whereas an ideal cake is the one which is rich, moist, fudgy, soft and has a springy surface. It’s a sign of a good baker and therefore a cake that has been made to perfection. Today I have exactly one such cake recipe for you, It’s called “Fudgy Chocolate Caramel Cake”. You can make out from the title that it is decadent, fudgy and eggless too! The cake is very rustic, palatable and makes you feel very good. A slice of it will satiate your sweet craving and is the perfect way to end your meal. The richness of the caramel glaze on top, makes it a true indulgence. Stick with me, because this cake is DIVINE❤️
The recipe can be found below:
Serves 7-9 people depending on serving size.
- Flour : 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar : 1/3 cup
- Cocoa Powder: 3 tablespoons
- Baking powder : 1 tsp
- Baking Soda : 1/2 tsp
Wet Ingredients :
- Milk : 1/2 cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: 3/4 cup
- Room Temperature Butter (unsalted) : 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp for greasing
- Vanilla extract : 1 tsp.
For the Caramel glaze :
- 5 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of soft butter (unsalted)
Other toppings :
- dusted cocoa/shaved chocolate (optional)
Note : Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before you prepare the batter.
Directions : Here you can find the step by step instructions for making the cake from scratch to finish, make sure you follow them exactly.
- Start by preheating the oven to 180° C (356°F).
- In the meanwhile prepare your cake batter.
- Start by sifting all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Once they are sifted well, stir the mixture using a wooden spoon or a whisk. Once mixed well, set it aside until you prepare the wet ingredients.
- Next, start preparing the wet ingredients. The first step is to cream the butter in a separate bowl. You do not need a hand mixer, a simple whisk would do the job. Start by gradually whisking the soft butter; you will notice that as you keep whisking, it will become looser and lighter.. this shouldn’t take more than 2-3 minutes.. Once this is done, slowly add the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla extract into the creamed butter (don’t add all of it at once, instead, add it in batches). Once the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and butter are well mixed , start pouring in the milk gradually and whisk until it forms a smooth, pouring consistency mixture.
- The batter is almost ready at this stage, all that is left to be done is to mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients… For that, slowly tip in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in small batches.. Whisking as you go. Make sure you whisk the batter thoroughly until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Now that the batter is ready, grease your cake tin on all sides, edges and the base with 1 tbsp of melted butter. Then add 2-3 tbsp of plain flour and thoroughly coat the entire pan with flour, the butter helps the flour to stick. Banging it against the kitchen counter and rotating continuously will make the job a lot more easier. Once this is done, you can rest assured that your cake won’t stick to the tin while it bakes. Next, simply pour your batter into the greased cake tin and smooth out the top with a spatula. As shown below.
- Place the cake tin into your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Once the cake is baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool for at least 10 minutes…
- While the cake cools, you can prepare the caramel topping.. Start by adding the brown sugar to a pan over moderate flame. It will start to melt gradually, do not use a spoon to stir it, simply rotate the pan. Once it is completely melted, add in the soft butter and mix them together. Make sure you do not increase the flame throughout the process… Also, the butter has to be at room temperature, if you add cold butter, it will harden the caramel and you will have to throw it away. Once the glaze smooth, reduced and thick, turn off the flame and set it aside.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the glaze on top along with some shaved chocolate (optional). And then you have the ultimate cake ready to serve.
Make this fun-filled, quick recipe and do not forget to let me know how it turns out to be, by leaving your comments. If you enjoyed my recipe, share it and hit the thumbs up (like) button and do not forget to follow my blog!
To follow: using phone/ tablet: scroll down to the bottom of the home page (or until you see the follow button), click on follow and enter your email address to subscribe for e-mails.
Using laptop/computer: click on the follow button on the bottom right of the homepage or go to the side bar menu and click on follow. Enter your valid email address and you will automatically start following..
What next!? View some more amazing recipes in the related posts section or wait for new ones until next weekend! Happy cooking 😀 ❤