Quick appetizers are probably the most desirable food items in the global foodosphere. There’s much competition out there as millions of home chefs compete to create amazing appetisers that are quick yet dynamic at the same time. There’s not much surprise there as appetisers are meant to be appetising and are much-loved by everyone, they are one of the most satisfying items and this recipe nowhere falls short to satisfy even the most sinful cravings. A wholesome potato with a crispy, flaky exterior with a tender and silky interior that is generously stuffed with a creamy, pungent assorted vegetable mixture and cheese. Who wouldn’t like something this awesome!? To top it all off, a lovely and rich sauce prepared from the baking juices and infused with wonderful rosemary leaves is drizzled on top of these baked potatoes to take them to a whole new level. Make these amazing jacket potatoes and treat your friends and family.. So let me walk you through the recipe..
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total Baking time: 25- 30 minutes
- Total time: 40-45 minutes
This recipe is for 2-3 servings
- 5-6 whole potatoes
- For the potato spice coating: olive oil, chilli powder, black pepper powder, salt, roasted cumin seed powder.
- 1 heap tbsp of schezwan/ barbecue sauce
- 50 gms of cream cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce(optional)
- 1/2 cup grated paneer
- Vegetables: chopped carrot, chopped capsicum, sweet corn kernels, chopped onion (all 1/4 cup), 3 cloves(or 1 tbsp) of chopped garlic, 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of finely chopped celery stem.
- Salt, black pepper, tabasco, dried herbs of choice- 1 tsp.
- For the baking juices gravy- 1/2 tbsp of plain flour, 1/2 tbsp of fresh herbs (I recommend rosemary or oregano), salt, pepper, 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 180°. By the time it gets preheated, prepare the potatoes for baking. Simply start by peeling the potatoes and preparing a marinate for them. Mix the ingredients listed for the spice coating and rub the coat over the potatoes. Make sure the potatoes are generously coated with olive oil and well seasoned. Then transfer the potatoes into a greased baking tray and bake for 15-16 minutes or until a knife pierces in and comes out easily. Take the tray out and let the potatoes cool down for some time.
- The next step is to prepare the stuffing. Simply mix all the ingredients labeled under “stuffing” and leave in the bowl.
- The third step is to prepare the potatoes to stuff them. Firstly, slice the potatoes into half (lengthwise). Then remove all the portion from the middle using a spoon, remove for all the halves. It should look like this: Ignore the potatoes on the bottom left, I forgot to remove the flesh out.. did it later.
- Once the potatoes are ready, simply stuff them with the prepared stuffing. Make sure you don’t over stuff it, there should still be room for the upper part of the potato to sit on top without the stuffing being shown in the middle. Add some cheese on top of the stuffing if you like, I personally recommend that you add a little bit. Once nicely stuffed, put the top part on and then bake again for upto 8 minutes or microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Once heated through and the cheese has melted, remove and plate up. Quickly prepare the sauce from the baking juices. There should be some of the baking juices on the side of your baking tray (it is not visible in the picture above as I had already removed it in a separate bowl). Start by dry roasting the plain flour in a pan (quantities mentioned) then add the baking juices and the rest of the ingredients (fresh herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper). Cook until slightly thick.
- Then drizzle the sauce over the stuffed jacket potatoes, garnish with fresh chives and serve!
Make this fun filled and quick recipe and do not forget to let me know how it turns out to be by commenting on the recipe! If you enjoyed my recipe, share it and hit the thumbs up (like) button and do not forget to follow my blog!
To follow: using phone/ tablet: scroll down to the bottom of the home page (or until you see the follow button), click on follow and enter your email address to follow
Using laptop/computer: click on the follow button on the bottom right of the homepage or go to the side bar menu and click on follow. Enter your valid email address and you will automatically start following.. J