This Popular Indo-Chinese roadside snack is famous all across Mumbai. Street vendors sell this awesome Bhel outside railway stations, markets and now a days it is even sold in food trucks. Made with crunchy deep-fried noodles, a variety of different sauces and vegetables. It is colorful, flavour packed and quite spicy. It will thus satisfy your crave without burning a hole in your pocket. Make this simple and quick snack for get-togethers, parties or even to surprise your friends and family with your awesome cooking skills. It is loved by kids and grown ups alike, so I would suggest that you make large servings because it is so delicious, that everyone will ask for more.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time : 5 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
THIS RECIPE IS FOR 1 PACK OF FRIED NOODLES AND SERVES THREE PEOPLE.
- Fried noodles – 1 pack – available across local food stores.
- Schezwan sauce – 1.5 tbsp
- Soy sauce- 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Chilli sauce- 1.5 heap tbsp
- ketchup – half tbsp
- Chopped cabbage – green – 3/4 cup
- chopped onion – one medium
- chopped tomato – 1 medium or two small
- chopped green capsicum – 3 cheeks or approx. 3/4 cup
- 2 medium cloves of garlic chopped, 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli – de seeded and chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- chopped spring onion greens to garnish
The procedure is quick and simple. So let me walk you through the recipe in short and easy steps.
- First step is to prepare the vegetable mixture.
- Start by heating about 1.5 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the ginger, garlic and green chilli (optional) and cook until slightly brown. Then add the chopped onion and cook until the onion is tender.
- Next, add the remaining vegetables, salt and again cook until they are tender.
- Now add crushed black pepper and then add the sauces one by one. Cook for up to 2 minutes and then turn off the flame.
- Now remove the vegetables mixture in a bowl and let it cool down for up to 5 minutes so that the fried noodles do not get soft when mixed.
- After the mixture has been cooled, add the fried noodles and mix thoroughly. Adjust the seasoning and add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Transfer in your serving bowl and garnish with freshly chopped spring onion greens.
- Serve immediately.
Make this fun filled and quick recipe and do not forget to let me know how it turns out to be by commenting on the recipe! If you enjoyed my recipe, share it and hit the thumbs up (like) button and do not forget to follow my blog!
Follow by simply clicking on the follow button and going through a quick process to subscribe. To follow: Click on “SHOW” on the top left corner of your phone/tablet screen or the side bar menu on the left of your laptop/computer screen.