I know that one can find pizza recipes all over the internet and that almost everyone knows how to make a pizza with a few simple ingredients. I would still insist that the viewers (you) read the whole post because I will be showing you guys how to make the easiest pizza sauce with the most exotic toppings because you cannot even imagine how crazy you can get with a pizza. But for today, lets keep it simple yet extremely delicious. This pizza is loaded with cheese, has a perfectly baked crispy crust, sauce ladled to perfection and just the right amount of seasoning which makes it absolutely spot on.
- Pizza base (available locally in all supermarkets and grocery stores)
- Cheese: use the one you like : but mozzarella suits it the best.
- Sauce: tomato purée, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, oregano or any dry herbs, chilli flakes and tabasco sauce(optional).
- Toppings: your choice once again! onion, bell pepper, olives, mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, jalapeño , cherry tomatoes all go well with the pizza! Use the ones that are easily available for you, but do not overload the pizza with a lot of different vegetables. 3-4 vegetables of your choice will work perfectly!
- Fresh herbs: optional! You can use rosemary, sage, parsley, thyme, basil, oregano….These are available almost everywhere but do not let the choice affect you! As I said that you can go crazy with the pizza! I like to add 2-3 different types of herbs as they go really well with each other and the pizza of course.
- Prepare the sauce: Firstly, take a few tomatoes depending on the number of pizzas. 4-5 MEDIUM sized tomatoes work well for 4 pizzas. Next, take off the eye of the tomato by removing the green core from the top. Then, immerse the tomatoes in hot water and cook on medium heat until the skin comes off automatically. This process is called blanching. Once the tomatoes have been blanched, take the skin off and cut the tomatoes into 2 halves from the centre. Now, de seed and put them in the food processor or blender one by one. Then churn/ process until you see that there are no chunks left and the purée has a smooth and runny consistency. Now crush 2-3 cloves of garlic and add to a pan with some olive oil and cook for 1-2 minutes. Next, add the purée and make sure you add it quickly as the oil will splatter. Then cook the tomato puree for some time until the rawness is gone. Then season with salt, pepper, dried herbs and chilli flakes and transfer to a bowl.
- Now, lightly cook the pizza base on both sides by placing it in a greased pan and cooking till you see light golden spots.
- Last step is to assemble the pizza!
- Start my spreading the sauce on the pizza in a circular motion using a ladle or a spoon. Leave about 1.5 cm space from the circumference of the pizza because thats how a pizza is!
- After applying the sauce, sprinkle as much cheese as you like. Then add the vegetables and season the whole pizza once again with some salt and pepper. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top of the pizza and put in a preheated oven to cook for about 10-15 minutes or until you see that the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy and golden brown.
- Cut using a pizza cutter or a long knife and serve as it is or with ketchup or your favourite dip.
N:B: Depending on your oven, it may take more or less time. Keep checking the pizza every 3-4 minutes as it may get burnt if left un noticed. If you are using a microwave oven, bake only for 7-8 minutes as the pizza cooks faster.