Fresh Vegetables… zingy salad dressing… Freshly torn in coriander leaves…Crunchy topped peanuts that make up an amazing and extremely robust salad! Doesn’t it sound good already?? 😛
It is super healthy and has condiments that give this salad an SSS factor (Sweet, Sour and Spicy). It is very versatile as it can be used in a sub, a sandwich, to make fusion foods…….etc.
- Raw Papaya – 1/2
- Carrot – 1/4
- Coriander – 2 tbsp chopped
- Mustard Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Red Chilies – 1/2 (or more if you like it spicier)
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Peanuts – add around 10 (coarsely chopped)
- Peel a raw papaya and cut into two pieces from the center. Remove the core part which is a little grainy with the help of a spoon. Then start grating it and add the grated raw papaya in a bowl.
- Then grate the peeled carrot and add to the bowl. Now, start preparing the dressing. Add ginger, red chilli, garlic, lemon juice, mustard oil, and salt (amounts mentioned above) to a pestle and start crushing the condiments and make a thick paste out of it.
N:B : If you do not want to use a pestle, just use a mixer to get a thick puree like consistency.
- Now, roast peanuts in a pan and keep them aside.
- Last step is to toss the salad together. Pour the dressing over the grated raw papaya and the carrot and toss everything. Now, add chopped coriander and the toasted peanuts and toss again. Check with the seasoning and adjust accordingly..
When serving: add a drizzle more of mustard oil on top and squeeze in some lemon juice. Please do not omit this step!! It is important and must be done this way!
- Now, put this salad in a salad bowl and keep in the fridge to cool. Serve after 12-20 minutes of chilling for more vibrant and deeper flavours!! 🙂