I felt like a need for some change in this entire “fancy desert” preparation that is usually difficult and quite challenging. Thus I came up with a hustle free and an extremely unique recipe for a cheesecake that requires just 10 minutes of preparation to get a result that is sure to leave you astonished. The desert that you end up paying a rather high amount for at a fancy restaurant can now be made easily and more importantly in a cost-effective manner at home. Plus it is completely vegetarian and can be served in individual portions in glasses to add for a few extra bonuses 😀
- Mango purée
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese
- Digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- Melted butter
- Vanilla essence or extract.
- Milk (if required)
- Mint leaves or canned cherries for garnish
- Crush some digestive biscuits into a fine powder (you can do this using a rolling-pin/ a mixer/ a food processor or even some heavy textbooks) 😛
- Add melted butter into the crushed biscuits and mix until it has the texture of wet sand. Then spoon this mixture into the bottom of the glass and leave it to set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Now, add powdered sugar and cream cheese into a mixing bowl in the ratio 1:3 and a few drops of vanilla essence/extract and simply whisk with a fork or a whisk until the sugar and vanilla get evenly incorporated into the cream cheese.
- When the biscuit base has been set, add the cream cheese mixture on top of it without mixing the layers. Spread it evenly to form an even layer and let it set for 15 minutes.
- Now, add on top some mango puree (this is prepared by simply adding diced mango into a mixer or a food processor and churning on high to get a smooth mango puree.) N:B : add a slight amount of milk if the puree is very thick.
- Now, once the cream cheese layer is set, add the mango puree on top and once again layer it gently to get an even texture.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves (I have opted for canned cherries) and put it in the fridge (covered with some plastic wrap on top ) for about an hour to set.
AAAAAAAND THERE YOU HAVE IT!! The much awaited and needless to say, a simple cheesecake recipe that it truly delightful, sweet and full of mango goodness!! So go ahead and try it and do let me know how it turned out to be!! ❤ 😀