This summer, treat yourself and your kids with this super easy and ultra delicious recipe… I certainly do not think it needs any introduction, as it is already a very popular Indo-Chinese recipe!!! I’ll not waste any more time so lets just get started!!
- Hakka noodles
- Schezwan sauce
- Soy sauce
- Spring onion greens and whites – cross cut
- Cabbage – shredded/ cut lengthwise
- Bean sprouts – add the amount you like
- Carrot – julienned
- French bean cross cut
- Capsicum – julienned
- Ginger, chili paste
N:B – This recipe has no fixed amounts of any ingredients as everything depends on how much quantity you want to make and the amount of spice that fits your taste. Hence you can add the ingredients to the amount needed/preferred.
So to start, simply put a large vessel with ample amount of water in it to boil. Then when the water has reached the boiling stage, add some salt and oil and drop the noodles in. Keep stirring gently till you see the noodles getting separated individually… this happens because you have put them in boiling water.
Once the noodles are 90% cooked…. Drain them. Then wash the vessel you cooked the noodles in to cool the temperature down. Then add some cold water and leave your noodles in them after giving it a light stir… This is to stop the cooking process and to prevent over cooking….
Now, the next step….
Add the cut carrot and French beans to some simmering water that is very hot to touch(but not boiling)… leave them in for about 1 minute (this process is called blanching) this way, your vegetables become a little soft and they are then ready to be used in your noodles after being drained.
By now… your noodles would have cooled down… so drain the water and then add some oil to them and coat them thoroughly to prevent sticking.
NOTE: DO NOT BOIL AND KEEP THE NOODLES READY WAY AHEAD OF TIME OR ELSE THEY WILL GET MUSHY AND STICKY. SO ONLY DO THIS ABOUT 10 MINUTES BEFORE PREPARING THE SAUCE.
Now start with the sauce….
- In a large pan, add some oil and let it get hot.. then add the ginger chili paste and cook until slightly brown (do not let it burn)….
- Next add in the white part of the spring onion and stir to combine and let it cook for some time. After the onion is cooked, add the capsicum and cook again.
- Now add in the remaining vegetables except for the bean sprouts and mix well. Finally, add in the noodles that have been drained well and there should be no water left. Toss everything and then add in all the sauces one by one( schezwan, soy, chilli, vinegar and some ketchup) then cook everything well on high flame while stirring continuously.
- Lastly, adjust the amount of salt and pepper and add the green part of the spring onion and the bean sprouts and then stir it for the last time.
AND… THAT’S IT!! YOUR SPICY AND ZINGY SCHEZWAN NOODLES ARE READY!! ❤ SERVE HOT AND ENJOY IT!!