Hey guys……………I have a lovely vegetarian burger recipe to share, its vibrant, flavour packed, scrumptious, filling and more importantly, its easy to prepare. So for all you people out there who think that making a vegetarian burger is difficult because there is no meat in it; can all be proven wrong because this recipe is easier than a normal everyday cheeseburger that most people eat.
Another note i’d like to give you all is that do not forget to adjust the seasoning and spices to your taste as many people tend to simply go by the recipe. I will still try my best to always make all my recipes that suits the masses and not a more segmented part of my viewers…….but its always better to keep your preferences in mind.
This is for 3 burgers or more according to the size of patties you make
So the INGREDIENTS you’ll need are:
FOR THE PATTY:
- bell pepper (yellow/red) – 2 cheeks (SIDES)
1/2 a red onion : coarsely chopped
1 Boiled potato : diced
100 grams of paneer :diced/crumbled
Plain flour (maida)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Olive oil – 1 tsp
FOR THE SPECIAL SAUCE:
- MAYO-2 tbsp, KETCHUP- 1/2 tbsp (Barbecue sauce can be substituted for a smokier and better flavour), CHILLI POWDER, roasted CUMIN seed POWDER, ITALIAN SEASONING, SALT AND PEPPER to taste
TOPPINGS ( all cut into roundels/ thin slices) : pickled cucumber, tomato, onion rings, jalapeño (Any vegetables can be substituted as per personal preference) and lettuce
Now, the PROCEDURE
- Firstly, throw all the ingredients for the burger patty into a food processor or a mixer (WITHOUT THE PLAIN FLOUR). Now once everything is well mixed and combined, gradually add plain flour until the mixture is no longer sticky. Now taste a little bit of the mixture and adjust the seasonings/spices/condiments as you like/needed.
- Now, prepare the special sauce by combining all the ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Start preparing patties out of the patty mixture. For that, first roll the patties into a flat shape (make sure that the patty is not bigger than your burger bun…..it should fit almost perfectly on the bun surface). Next, adjust the thickness as desired and then start rolling it into breadcrumbs after smearing a little bit of oil on both sides of the patty (avoid using any type of flour paste for helping in coating the patty as it may not cook through properly). Now, start cooking the patties on a pan that has been preheated and greased. When one side of the patty is cooked and has a golden brown colour, add one slice/ grated cheese and cook the other side until it has golden brown colour as well and the cheese is melted.
TIP: you may use a circular bowl or a round object to give a perfect shape to your patties…(but remember to use one that is large enough so that your burger patties don’t remain small)
Now, your job is almost done..
Toast the burger bun halves on a pan/ a grill press and start assembling the burger…
First, take the lower half of the toasted bun and spread some special sauce. Next, add shredded/whole lettuce and place the cooked patty on top. Now add the vegetables that have been sliced and then season with some more salt and pepper. Lastly, place the top half to complete the burger.
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT……………YOUR AMAZING AND DELICIOUS HOMEMADE VEGETARIAN BURGER. 🙂 There is no need for any other accompaniment(s) alongside. This burger is awesome on its own. So do try it and let me know how it turns out to be in the comments section of my blog/facebook page.