This is an authentic Indian beverage which was developed in the Northern provinces of India. The original Lassi recipe calls for sugar as it is sweet. However, this is a more fun and exciting version as it is savoury. It has natural cooling agents such as mint, chilled curds, coriander, etc… It is easy and quick to put together as it can be whisked up in a matter of a few minutes. This drink is better than any Mocktail/cocktail/milkshake or other cold beverages.
Lassi aids in digestion , cooling and energizing the body . It is very good during hot summer days. Make it in large batches and serve in tall steel glasses as it originally is. This is a totally new version of Lassi as the condiments are nothing similar to the original one. So let me walk you through this easy recipe in quick and simple steps.
- Preparation time: 5-8 minutes
- Total: 5-8 minutes
- cold water- 1 and 3/4 cups
- curd – 1 cup
- jal jeera- 1/2 tsp
- rock salt- 1/4 tsp
- chat masala- 1/2 tsp
- roasted cumin seed powder- 1/4 tsp
- ginger chilli paste- 1/4 tsp
- torn mint leaves – 1 tsp
- To start with, whisk a cup of fresh and chilled curd into a bowl until it is lump free.
- Then add 1 and a 3/4 cups of chilled water and whisk again to mix the water and curd to form a nice pouring consistency.
- Next, add the jal jeera, rock salt, chat masala, roasted cumin seed powder, ginger chilli paste, the torn mint leaves and mix well
- Add this mixture to a blender or mixer and blend for 30 seconds.
and voila, there you have it! Your own homemade lassi….Pour it into a tall glass and serve immediately when cold.
Make this fun-filled and quick recipe and do not forget to let me know how it turns out to be by commenting on the recipe! If you enjoyed my recipe, share it and hit the thumbs up (like) button and do not forget to follow my blog!
Follow by simply clicking on the follow button and going through a quick process to subscribe. To follow: Click on “SHOW” on the top left corner of your phone/tablet screen or the side bar menu on the left of your laptop/computer screen.